Formation of the labor potential of advanced development territories of the Far East of Russia

Regional and branch economy

The strategy of social and economic development of the Far East and the Baikal Territory, the formation of territories with special economic conditions such as the territory of advanced development and the free port of Vladivostok laid the foundations for sustainable economic development of the region. Evaluation of labor intensity of achievable and promising investment projects has shown that they will create more than 115,000 jobs. While 20% of the demand for labor can be satisfied by the population of the Far East, the remaining 80% should be covered by attracting staff from other regions and both near and far abroad countries. At the same time, the population of the region continues to decline, as a result of the "Western drift". The educational level and qualification of the population leaving the region is not replenished by migrants. The statistical data presented in the study confirm the negative trends in the population of the region: the decline in population, the aging of the population, and the change in the educational level. The problem of the emerging ethno-social stratification of national groups and the differentiation of labor on a national basis is revealed in the study. It is justified that failure to take measures can lead to a change in the ethnic composition of the population and interethnic conflicts. The critical analysis of attracting the able-bodied population in the framework of state programs to assist the voluntary resettlement of compatriots residing abroad and stimulating labor mobility was carried out in the study. Since the measures taken so far have not resolved the problem of providing the development of the productive forces of the region with the required manpower, the paper presents the experience of successful management of labor migration in Imperial Russia and in the USSR. The historical excursion showed that the methods and forms used in the planned economy cannot be transferred to the market economy directly, but certain elements of the migration management structure are forgotten undeservedly. Digital technology and the Internet provide additional opportunities to stimulate migration. The work concluded that it is expedient to use agitation and propaganda, both by creating specialized institutions, and by  involving political parties and youth movements.